Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Direction of Ideas

I just got home from Houston where I attended the International Quilt Market and Festival. My head is just spinning with ideas! I even got up this morning about 5 because I could picture a quilt idea in my head and I just had to get to my computer and start designing. I know I’ve said forever that I hate sewing, but I’m starting to view it in a different exciting way. I don’t see myself sitting down and spending months on one quilt, but I do have in mind some smaller quicker projects. My mom was great and sat down with me in front of a sewing machine and went over what each of the presser feet do and showed me all the wonderful things I can do with my Bernina. While she was at dinner with some friends one evening, I made this block from some of her fabric scraps using the paper piecing method ~

Mom made sure that I came home with just about every notion made under the sun so I can continue exploring. We’ll see what I come up with now that I know how to use my “crafting machine” for other purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment