Saturday, January 10, 2009

I have been absolutely miserable this past week! The cedar pollen counts around here have been in the medium to high range for about a week now. A couple years ago I went to the doctor to get tested for allergies. It turns out that I am allergic to just about everything! I started going in for shots twice a week and gradually my allergies were better. Once I had my mastectomy and started chemo though, I had to stop the shots due to chance of infection. Oddly enough, my allergies weren’t so bad after chemo until about 6 months ago. They are back and with a vengeance! The allergy shots weren’t cheap a few years ago and I had better insurance then so I’m just dealing with the itchy eyes and sneezing with over the counter meds. Hopefully it will be a short cedar season this year! Keeping my finger crossed!

I’ve come up with an idea for this year’s art bra that I need to get started on right away. I don’t want to freak out at the last minute trying to get the bra finished like I did last year. I’m also going to see if I have time to create a unique piece to donate for our silent auction. Last year I designed and made a dramatic bracelet in peyote. Here’s a picture….



Well, I’m off to take more allergy medicine that will probably put me to sleep. I’ll keep everyone updated on my art bra progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment