Sunday, February 28, 2010

Off the Rack

I had a wonderful weekend with some good friends. A friend and I went to the book signing of a dear friend of mine named Genae Girard. Get to know her name, because she is a talented, funny insightful and intelligent author. Her first book just came out and I read it with my morning coffee today and I could not put the book down. It truly is a page-turner. She is a young breast cancer survivor so this book chronicles her battle and shows her true warrior side. As a fellow breast cancer survivor I have a real hard time reading books about the disease and what others went through. Those types of books all seem to be "woe is me" and remind me of the negative side of the disease. Although she still had to be treated for breast cancer and had some set backs along the way, Genae's humor and way of expressing herself had me laughing and I couldn't put the book down until I was finished! Please pick up your own copy here and enjoy the musings of Off the Rack!

No comments:

Post a Comment